Sunday, December 14, 2008

Call Me Crazy but...



I actually don't mind the cold...the wind could die down and I would be a bit happier but the sky is clear and the sun is out....beautiful! Yesterday we took the crosscut saw and an axe, with 2 sled-dogs (sled in tow) and proceeded down one of our fav xc-ski trails to remove some downed trees. The snowshoes helped a lot! Still sinking through the deep snow but it was an improvement to the other day when we were sinking up past my knees. Not too difficult considering my lack of height but still....
The wind sent fall leaves that have been hiding somewhere skittering across the snowdrifts. They looked like little mice scurrying about. Then there was a blade of curled yellow grass that was almost slithering along like a snake. Quite amusing. These weeds looked so out of place I had to take a pic.

No comments: